I’ve run my defensive projections for 2011 using UZR as the primary input data source. For a general feel for the methodology read this post. A couple changes from last year
- Instead of using the average FSR for bins of players I’m using the FSR converted to runs as found on Fangraphs as my scouting component number.
- I took into account multiple positions this year. I used the Fangraphs standard position adjustments to convert all UZR values from all positions to a player’s primary position.
As mentioned, this set of data is run with UZR as the primary data input. Over the next few weeks/month I’ll be running the same process with DRS as an input, TZ as an input, and an average as an input. I’ll post those files as they become available.
Quick Edit: Didn’t explicitly say this anywhere. The numbers in the files are Runs/150 Games.