The United Cardinal Bloggers’ September project is to have each blogger list his/her top 7 prospects. I’m not Future Redbirds prospect guru, but I do follow the minors some. That being said here’s my list:
- Shelby Miller – Duh! Consensus organization #1.
- Zach Cox – This slot was the hardest to fill out. I think Cox can probably be a 3-4 WAR guy in fairly short order, and the floor for him is probably 2 WAR quickly.
- Matt Carpenter – Just produces. I’d project him for ~1.5-2 WAR next year if they Cards thrust him into the big league third base job next year.
- Eduardo Sanchez – The system just keeps banging out RH relievers.
- Lance Lynn – League average innings are a good thing. Hopefully Lynn will be able to provide them in the near future so the big club doesn’t have to do any more mid-season dumpster dives.
- Dan Descalso – Might be redundant considering #2 and #3, but he could offer an alternative to Skip as soon as next year
- Carlos Matias – Going completely on upside and word of mouth here.
Just missed the cut: Bryan Anderson, Adron Chambers, Adam Ottavino, Mark Hamilton
I’m not convinced I didn’t miss someone big, so feel free to leave your criticisms in the comments